Ramirez is a science teacher at the local school and she suffered significant chemical burns from a 1-quart spill of the acid in a classroom. There were no students in the classroom at the time of her injury, but officials evacuated the area to clean-up the spill. She was then rushed to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital who decided to airlift her to the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills Hospital where she's expected to undergo multiple surgeries over the next few weeks. Full Story
Friends and family have created a GoFundMe page to raise funds to help with medical expenses and recovery efforts. As of Thursday morning, the donation page has earned more than $17,000.